Unidentified subject!

Hello

I`m trying to compile the 2.2.18 kernel on my Storm Linux (debian based)
computer, and I`m having troubles doing so. After I unpack the kernel,
do make xconfig, make dep, and then make clean, I get an error in make
bzImage. I get this error during "make bzImage" ::

make[1]: as86: Command not found
make[1]: *** [bbootsect.o] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot'
make: *** [bzImage] Error 2
alpha:/usr/src/linux#

All my kernel configuration is pretty simple. Just sound support, and
generic SCSI support/emulation for my IDE CD writer. Everything else is
pretty much turned off.

Can anyone help on a fix to this?

Thanks,

Jerrud