how to reset the video mode?

Hey people.

Sometimes when I'm experimenting with one of the Loki games that draws
straight to the framebuffer, and it crashes, the screen is locked with
the last image in screen memory. I can login remotely, shut down X and
kill all my terms, but the screen doesn't reset. A reboot fixes it of
course but I'd rather not treat my Linux box like a winblows box.

Is there a way to reset the video after an occasion like this?

Thanks,

Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@mcss.mcmaster.ca>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix