Re: Securing bind..

On Monday 31 December 2001 03:34, Michael D. Schleif wrote:

> 	<http://cr.yp.to/distributors.html>

Because of that policy there are no precompiled packages of djbdns, because:

"You may distribute a precompiled package if
 - installing your package produces exactly the same files, in exactly the
same locations, that a user would obtain by installing one of my packages
listed above" etc.

Free?

> If you are pleased with chasing the complexities inherent in overly
> complex tools, then, please, keep them uptodate . . .

compiling the whole package [1], installing it in paths that djb thinks are
ok. complex?

> And, why would anybody want an overly complicated system to do something
> that is really, really quite simple?

You have a point there.  Most users don't need an dns server. They should use
their isp's nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf. :]

there is an alternative => http://dnrd.nevalabs.org/

--
[1] from: http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/install.html

"djbdns uses daemontools to start, monitor, and control the DNS services.
Before running djbdns you need to install daemontools 0.70 or above. Make
sure that the daemontools programs are in your system's default path.

You will also need to install ucspi-tcp if you want to use axfrdns or
axfr-get. "

So...i need daemontools and  ucspi-tcp prior to installing djbdns.