Parallelport trouble...?

Hi,

I'm trying to setup my HP LaserJet 6L on Woody, (kernel 2.4.17), using CUPS.
I have investigated as much as I can, and tried to find info on the web as
well, but failed. I enabled the FIFO option and added 'append="parport=auto"'
in /etc/lilo.conf. I thought I might have forgotten something while
configuring the kernel, but i find this in /var/log/kern.log;

kernel: parport0: PC-style at 0x378 (0x778) [PCSPP,TRISTATE]
kernel: parport0: irq 7 detected
kernel: parport0: Printer, Hewlett-Packard HP LaserJet 6L

which to me seems correct?

When using "Print manager" in control panel to set up the printer, it detects
it on "parallel:/dev/unknown-parallel0".

Why? What am I missing?

I'd appriciate some help... ;)

Thanks, Pontus