Re: fetchmailconf problem

Thank you.  Sorry I missed the obvious.

Tom George

Carel Fellinger wrote:

On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 11:37:55AM -0500, Thomas H. George,,, wrote:

Test configuration fails with the message: "fetchmailrc:6; parse error at 123456" where 123456 is the password for the account. From the man page the 6 might refer to a permission problem but parse error suggests to me that an all numeric password may not be allowed. If the latter is the problem is there a way around this or must I have the service provider change my password?

If you spell the Fine Manual and now about parsers you might notice that
fetchmail's fetchmailrc parser knows 4 kind a tokens:

       There  are four kinds of tokens: grammar keywords, numbers
       (i.e. decimal  digit  sequences),  unquoted  strings,  and
       quoted  strings.   A  quoted  string  is bounded by double
       quotes and may contain whitespace (and quoted  digits  are
       treated  as  a string).  An unquoted string is any whites-
       pace-delimited  token  that  is  neither  numeric,  string
       quoted  nor contains the special characters `,', `;', `:',
       or `='.

So a mere 123456 is parsed as a number where you needed a string.
Try "12345" instead (with the quotes) and all should be fine.