Re: CUPS, SAMBA and Windows

On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 03:23:28PM +0100, Jens Müller wrote:
| "Jens Müller" <jens@unfaehig.de> writes:
|

| > What do I have to change in my config?
|
| I now did as described in
| <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no\&bug=97372>.

Interesting.  I'm using samba 2.2.2-2 FWIW.

Say, in windows what did you specify the printer as?  I picked HP
Laserjet IIIp (the postscript version) so that windows generates
postscript and lets CUPS translate it to the printer's own protocol.
That could explain why I never ran into that issue -- I was sending
ps, not raw, data.

| I still cannot see the queue, but it prints.

Well, you can see the _samba_ queue, but the samba queue is empty.
There isn't really a connection between the samba and cups queues.  If
you configure cups correctly, though, you can point a web browser to
http://<cups server>:631/ and view the queue.

| I will now try to print directly to IPP (see
| http://www.danka.de/printpro/node19.html).

That would be cool (though I can't read the document).

-D

--

Stay away from a foolish man,
for you will not find knowledge on his lips.