Re: Securing bind..

hi ya petra

lots of different kind of floods...and DoS attacks...
what kind of attack are oyu under ???
	-- what shows up in tcpdump when monitoring all traffic
	on the wire ???

if you're an "amplifier" .. you have to turn off icmp broadcasts
at your incoming cisco router/fw

to test if you are a smurf amplifier.. see the links at
	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/harden/smurf.fix.txt

to test your DNS config....
	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Audit/audit_tools.gwif.html#DNS

to harden your dns servers... and spoof protecting etc ..
	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Harden/server.gwif.html#DNS

and lot of other stuff to harden too in addition to dns
	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Harden/

have fun
alvin