Re: again CD-burning probs

Hi,

On 30 Dec 2001, Matt wrote:

> If you've tried different brands of CD-R's (I'm
> assuming quality brands)

Different distributors and different manufacturers, but I didn't always
check out, what the Plextor found as infos on the CDs. The last CD-Rs
were Fujifilm Silver Disk, identified by the burner as manufactured by
Ritek (Cyanine, AZO or similar). I had Kodak Ultima and Ultima Gold for
while, and they seemed to work most of the time. They were recommended
by Plextor, but I know only one place here in Cologne where to get the
Kodak CD-Rs (Ultima Gold not anymore).

> try different dye types as well -- my burner
> works far better with certain "Short Strategy Type" discs, for example.

What does "short strategy type" mean?
Unfortunately most CD-boxes don't reveal the secrets of their content
(at least not about the type of dye).

Best wishes,

Kerstin

--