gdm bug #126936 -- any workarounds?

I upgraded my laptop, which is running sid, this morning, and in the
process removed my ability to log into my gnome session. My symptoms
are exactly the same as those listed in #126936, and after a few hours
spent poking at various setuid and setgid binaries on my system, I
still have no idea what's going on. Does anyone else? Any
recommendations as to what I can do to fix the problem?

Thanks much for any help.

       . . . the self-reflecting image of a narcotized mind . . .
ozymandias G desiderata     ogd@aoaioxxysz.net     desperate, deathless
(415)823-6356       http://www.pushby.com/forrest/       ::AOAIOXXYSZ::