Re: passwd error

I once had this problem when I was using shadow passwds and manualled added/deleted a line from /etc/passwd. Add the user back in manually to the passwd file and then use the command line tools to delete him/her

Kevin wrote:

the other day i added a user, then removed it right after.  passwd
worked when i added this user but after removing it, it stopped working.

bash-2.00# passwd
passwd: Critical error - immediate abort

im not out of diskspace
ii  login                       20000902-8                  System login tools
im running unstable and 2.4.16

-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         1.7k Dec 29 15:36 /etc/passwd
-rw-r-----    1 root     root         1.3k Dec 29 15:36 /etc/shadow

--
hanasaki@hanaden.com
	Spam : def: It's not kosher.