Re: boot problems

On Saturday 29 December 2001 03:05 am, Paul wrote:
> I have a debian system on kernel 2.2.17  hehe
>
> I get an error on boot
>
> kernel panic No init found. Try passing init=option to kernel
>
> It became unbootable after an apt-get upgrade
> Any Ideas ?

Chances are it is looking for a line like this:

initrd=/initrd.img

in lilo.conf.  That line has to point to a file on your system; it may be in
/ or it may be in /boot.  I was told this was necessary during an
installation of a new kernel image from the debian site when I did an
upgrade, so it is likely the same thing has happened to you.  Just make sure
you have an initrd.img on your system and that lilo points to it.

I hope this helps.

Dan Owens	mtn@redmeadow.com		Bigfork, MT.