Re: How to delete Exims' queue

On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 11:07:29AM +0100, vincent@waw.pdi.net wrote:
> Hello.
>
> In past my host was open relay - people from
> company want to snend emails from home -my mistake
> - and a lot spammers put through my host a lot of mails.
> When I have closed open relay a lot of frozen mails stayed
> in my exim queue and staying there till now. Exim couldn't
> send them. How should I delete this unwanted queue.

As root type mailq and you will be able to see a list of the
messages which have been frozen.

You can delete them from /var/spool/exim/input/ (there are
two files for each message) and in /var/spool/exim/msglog/
you will find one system message for each mail which has
been frozen. These can be removed as well.

Sam
--
(Sam Varghese)
http://www.gnubies.com