Re: missing posts to list

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, k l u r t wrote:

> there seems to be some posts to this list that are missing.
> when i tried to back track and look up some past posts on
> http://lists.debian.org and usenet, some posts are just not there.

Klurt,

	How do you know they are missing? Perhaps you mean the following
phenomenon :

If one goes to
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2001/debian-user-200112/thrd9.html on
that page, one can see for example :

Re: Where do you RTFM ? Jesse Goerz
        <Possible follow-up(s)>
        Re: Where do you RTFM ? Wendell Cochran

	If you are referring to the 'Possible follow-up(s)' as missing
posts, then relax. That is due to people responding off the list and those
emails being quoted in later posts on the list.

	I've also noticed that the Outlook Express newsreader has the
annoying bug of not displaying certain read posts after a few days have
expired. I only mention this since you mention the usenet. However, your
MUA is pine, so you are most probably not on an MS platform and referring
to that problem.

Regards,
Jor-el