Re: problems with eth0 set-up (resolved)

Hi

many thanks for all the suggestions and help with my non-working nic. I ended up sticking a cheap SMC card in the box and lo and behold it worked first time... so I never did find out what was the problem with the netgear but at least I now have a working system!

After I got past this problem this was the easiest Debian (Woody) X and KDE install I've ever done - Abit KT7A mainboard, AMD Athlon 1gig, Matrox G450 video card.

Rachel