Problems in X configuration

Hi,
I am trying to install Debian on my machine and am getting stuck in the X
Configuration.
I get the message
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect :Cant connect errno = 111
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect :Cant connect errno = 111
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect :Cant connect errno = 111
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect :Cant connect errno = 111
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect :Cant connect errno = 111
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect :Cant connect errno = 111

Unable to communicate with the X Server

/etc/X11/XF86Config file was not created

The message just keeps coming and I have to do ctrl - c to get the prompt.
My Video card is onboard SIS 730 and I have installed the debian 2.2
version from a CD

How should I go about this problem,
Thanks
Kapil