Re: Don't replace manpages_1.46-1_all.deb (for SPARC)

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 01:50:24PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 08:10:03PM +0000, Colin Watson
> (cjwatson@debian.org) wrote:
> > Of course, you'll have to put manpages on hold after this or the
> > packaging system will probably try to replace it with the version in the
> > Debian archive.
>
> Presumably, the next version will fix this bug.  I've left mine unheld.

What I mean here is that it may try to replace it with the *current*
(broken) version if you do another upgrade run before manpages is fixed,
because the packaging system knows they're different (file sizes,
md5sums, etc.), and last time I looked assumed that the version in the
archive was canonical.

If manpages is in your next upgrade run, then indeed it won't be a
problem.