Re: Animated screenshot.

Thus spake P Prince on Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 02:15:24AM -0500:
> Hello!
>
> Does anyone know of a utility to make an animated screen capture under X?
> I need to make a movie of my X desktop, applications, mouse functions, etc.

> If you do not know of a specific utility, would you know of any method of
> doing it?

Well, you could use a shell script and a command line tool, but
I don't think you'll get the mouse pointer. (I don't)

Something like:

#!/bin/sh
i=0
while [ 1 ]; do
	sleep 1
	#import -window root image$i.jpg
	scrot image$i.jpg
	let i=$i+1
done

import is from imagemagick, scrot might be faster.

If you find the right tool, I'll be interested to know.

Good luck,
Romain

--
"You're just the sort of person I imagined marrying, when I was little...
except, y'know, not green... and without all the patches of fungus."