Re: CD RW problems

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 07:47:28PM +0000, Steve Knight wrote:
> I use 'mkisofs' under Debian.

If you're also using cdrecord for the actual burning, I've been hit
by the problem that it screws up the last couple files on any ISO.
Just about the only fix someone seems to have mentioned for this
mysterious "read ahead" bug (cdrecord author's words) is to use
dd to append an extra meg of zeros onto your ISO to make it write
the end of the iso just fine and then screw up after all your files
are written.

Could be something completely different, but every ISO I've created
or pulled from the net has been trashed by cdrecord because of this.