Re: sound blaster

On Wed, 26 Dec 2001 01:49:43 -0500, Mike Atamas <psychomohel@home.com> wrote:

> Im having lots of problems trying to configure my soundblaster live. I
> tried to use Alsa but it told me my card wasnt found. That is strange since
> mandrake and redhat detected my card, and so does windows. I tried to
> install the soundcore module which told me I had unresolved symbols. Then I
> tried to install the emu10k drivers, they told me that I had unresolved
> symbols. What should I do?

Well maybe your kernel is not right configured for the sets of modules you have in this case try recompile de kernel install the new kernel and modules and reboot the machine.

After the reboot try load the module,

modprobe emu10k1

and that's it test your sound, if everything is okay, add the following line to ** /etc/modules **

emu10k1

marcelo~