Canon BJC-250

I am new to Linux.  To get my feet wet I have installed Debian (stable)
on an old 486-50, upgraded with an Overdrive processor, with 24 MByte of
RAM and a 1 GB SCSI disk. It works slowly, but it works.

How can I configure it to print to my old Canon BJC-250 through a
standard (non-ECP) parallel port?

>From lurking here, I think I need cups, but I've been through the
dselect listings and I can't find cups anywhere.

I've also looked at the Debian website.  If I do a search on cups, I
find a description of the package, but if I look through the categorized
list   http://packages.debian.org/stable/  it doesn't seem to be listed
in any of the categories.  Am I missing something?

Is cups all that I need, or is there more?

Thanks to anyone who can guide me on this!

Jack Dodds