From: D-Man [mailto:dsh8290@rit.edu]
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2001 10:40 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: OT: which worm is this?

I have a friend who uses windows and aol.  Yesterday he fell for the
hoax that says the long-filename support files are a virus and removed
it.  Today he saw that many copies of a gential enlargment spam
message were sent from his email account.  He doesn't have any virus
scan software, and I am in the process of obtaining some to scan his
system.

I am wondering if anyone is familiar with a windows virus/worm that
sends out spam messages through aol.  If you have heard of something,
please let me know so I can research it and help my friend clean his
system.

TIA,
-D

--

If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his
cross and follow me.  For whoever wants to save his life will lose it,