CD RW problems

Hi,

I'm having problems with my HP CDWriter 9100i and am not sure if it's
the drive/Debian/cdrecord/SCSI emulation or a problem with my media so
any help would be appreciated.

After I burn the isofs to the CD-ROM or CD-RW the volume is sometimes
mount-able sometimes not.  Even if it is mount-able a quick verify of
the disk's contents always shows errors.  After turning on the SCSI
logging in the kernel I usually receive this error shortly before
cdrecord exits (with no errors):

CD-ROM I/O error: dev 0b:00, sector 64

It's always at sector 64, even if I change the media.  I've tried
playing with the 'hdparm' utility to turn DMA on off but this has no
affect.

I've installed the most recent version of cdrecord (1.10) and am
running 'potato' Debian (2.2.19).  I can supply more hardware details
if necessary.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Steve