Re: 2.2.19/raidtools2 not cooperating

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 02:51:26PM -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Dec 2001, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> > I'm setting up a potato system to boot off a software RAID, using a
> > 2.2.19 kernel and raidtools2.  The kernel was built with
>
> Did you apply the RAID 0.9 patches to 2.2.19? raidtools2 is for RAID 0.9,
> and that is not shipped with 2.2.x...

IOW, yes, I did miss something obvious...  The HOWTO says that
failed-disk "will be" in all kernels 2.2.10 and later, so I assumed
that everything else for new-style raid would be in the default
sources as well.

Is the kernel-patch-2.2.10-raid package good for 2.2.19 also or do I
need to download the patch from elsewhere?

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss