Re: Anyone know what has happened to uk.debian.org

On 24 Dec 2001, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 24, 2001 at 02:04:06PM +0000, David Goodenough wrote:
> > It seems to have vanished.  The FTP and HTTP servers both seem to be
> > down.  Is this planned downtime or just a feature of the Christmas
> > break?
>
> Looks like it's back now. That machine has been a bit flaky for a long
> time (disk subsystem problems compounded occasionally by trying to write
> CDs, if I remember correctly).
>
> --
> Colin Watson                                  [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]

For this reason I often use ftp.de.debian.org, which seems more
reliable.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux GNU/Debian (Windows-free zone)
For an electronic book (The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our
obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come
from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. [Carl Sagan]