Re: boot floppy doesn't work

hi ya david

i don't know if the cp trick will work or not..
or if oyu figured out your dd problems..
( i havent tried "cp" )

to make a bootable floppy..
	dd if=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.x of=/dev/fd0 bs=1024

	if you didnt compile that kernel yourself or if / is different
	than where it expects it .. you tell it where / is
	rdev /dev/fd0 /dev/hda1

	- the above and the way you did your dd should always work..
	if not... try a different floppy ... you have to have a 100%
	clean floppy ( no bad tracks/sectors )

you can also use lilo and grub and syslinux to make boot floppies
( a better boot floppy... esp if you need to fix the disks ...

have fun booting..
alvin