Re: Where do you RTFM ?

On Mon, Dec 24, 2001 at 06:37:25PM +0100, Martin Emrich wrote:
| Hi All !
| When newbies ask something, they are often asked to RTFM...
| But where do I find the Information ? Very often, neiter #man foo nor
| the contents of the /usr/doc/foo are very helpful. Where is aditional
| documentation usually installed ? Or do you know a good
| "getting-documentation-howto" ? (maybe even something in german.. would
| be nice)

Sometimes a manpage is good.  Sometimes /usr/share/doc/<foo>.
Sometimes install foo-doc package to get the documentation.  google
can help a lot.  linuxdoc.org has lots of howtos.

If you can't find the F{ine} Manual for a given piece of software or
task then just ask.  It usually helps to mention where you have
already looked too.

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
        --Jim Elliot