Re: .fetchmailrc problems

Thus spake shyamk@eth.net:
> I made the following entry in my .fetcmailrc  :
> poll pop3.eth.net proto POP3 user username  password   mypass
>
> This leads to an error :
> fetchmail :Command not supported . Valid list of commands : UIDL ,
> fetchmail : fetching 94 mails for username
> fetchmail : SMTP error 10 .
>
> And thus I am not able to fetch any mails .
>
> What can this mean ?
Look through man fetchmail - it is quite long but will give you all
the info you need.  Off hand, I'd say the problem is that ypu haven't
supplied enough information to it - it probably needs your local user
name, and it may want any of the keep, flush, etc options.
HTH,
Steve
--
There is one difference between a tax collector and a taxidermist --
the taxidermist leaves the hide.