i put several things in my access file
From:yahoo.com			REJECT
Connect:216.39.174.24		REJECT
To:MY_EMAIL_ADDRESS		REJECT

ran make, restarted sendmail. and telnettted
to the mail server on port 25 and sent a mail
from my machine 216.39.174.24 (the mailserver
is saratoga.linuxpowered.net), addressed
it from test@yahoo.com and recipt to my
email address. so i put all 3 things that
should be blocked. and the mail is delivered.
no errors, nothing.

i stripped down my sendmail.mc some to see if
something else was causing problems but still
no go ..about the only difference is im using
cyrus for delivery. that shouldn't prevent
sendmail's access rules though ..

this works/worked fine in sendmail 8.9.3
(though i wasn't using cyrus at the time,
and 8.9.3 didn't have as many features
for the access_db).

running a woody install up to date as of
friday.

thanks!

nate