Re: new kernel option

On Mon, Dec 24, 2001 at 02:05:52AM +0100, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
| Bonjour:
|
| I have just tried to build an SMP kernel:
| surprisingly some options can be seen in grey
| (when `make xconfig' is used)
| but they cannot be selected:
| apparently the Makefile does a pre-choice.
|
| How can we make all options available ?

You can't get every option at the same time.  For example, you can't
have ethernet support as module, then make the tulip driver built-in.
Also some features require other features.  For example you must
choose to enable auto-network configuration (bootp/dhcp) at boot time
in order to have the option of choosing root-over-NFS.

In general see what features that particular option might require and
select it.  (the "Code Maturity" option is a requirement of a lot of
other options)

-D

--

Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers,
and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.