Re: How to Install Woody on ReserFS root ???

On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 04:15:32PM +0200, Andrei Verovski wrote:

> Thank you very much for quick reply. BTW, how I can mount CD before
> booting from it? I have empty partitoned HD right now and nothing else.

You will need some operating system that can read the CD.  You can even
use Windows or DOS with the tool rawrite (also on the CD) to make
floppies to boot with.

Otherwise you can install a minimal linux system using the default ext2,
make the floppies and reinstall...

BTW do those pre-formated partitions contain data you want to keep?  If
not, you can re-partition your disk and later make your filesystems as
you wish.  You should anyhow have backups of important data before
trying to install.

Regards.

Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to
      us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And
      His name will be called Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty
      God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace."
                                        Isaiah 9:6