Re: How to Install Woody on ReserFS root ???

On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 03:04:02PM +0200, Andrei Verovski wrote:
> Anyone can suggest me how it is possible to install Woody (with
> unofficial CDs from ftp://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial/)
> on ReiserFS root?
>
> Whenever I am booting from Woody CD1 or CD2 Debian installer simply do
> not recognizes ReiserFS root and asks to reformat it as Ext2.
>
> The HD have been preformatted with SuSE with three partitions - Ext2
> /boot, swap and ReiserFS /root.

If you can mount the CD before booting from it, you will find a
directory dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/reiserfs with all the
images you need.  I suppose you can use them to make boot stiffies and
later use the CD's to install the rest of the system from.  Just read
the documentation in the "current" directory.

Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shall call
      his name JESUS; for he shall save his people from
      their sins."            Matthew 1:21