Bad IP connecting??

Hi,

Can someone tell me why "apt-get install x" is now failing with:

Get:1 ftp://ftp.us.debian.org stable/main autoconf 2.13-20 [347kB]
Err ftp://ftp.us.debian.org stable/main autoconf 2.13-20
  Unable to fetch file, server said 'Security: Bad IP connecting.  '
Failed to fetch
ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/binary-all/devel/autoconf_2.13-20.deb
  Unable to fetch file, server said 'Security: Bad IP connecting.  '
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe try with --fix-missing?

It has something to do with the system I'm trying to update being behind an
iptables firewall using SNAT to an external range of IPs - when I connect to
ftp.us.debian.org from the firewall machine, it works fine. But I can log
into a great many other ftp sites from behind this firewall with no problem -
so someone has done something clever at ftp.us.debian.org that rejects
SNAT'ed debian systems from otherwise legitimate IP addresses as having a
"Bad IP." What is the algorithm for "Bad IP"?

IMHO, ftp.us.debian.org should be accessible even to those running the latest
Linux iptables firewall features. Will this be fixed soon? Please cc me, as
I'm not on the list.

Whit
@transpect.com