Re: How to use cd-roms with dselect

Abner Gershon wrote:

During installation of potatoe from cd-roms my
computer crashed due to problem with cd drive which is
now fixed. The main system was installed but no other
applications. Now I can boot into Linux but have been
having problems installing applications.

I have used "apt-cdrom add" to add three cd-roms to
apt sources list. What do I do next? Dselect does not
provide option to install from cdrom. Please cc: to my
email. Thanks.

The first option on the dselect menu is Access, this allows you to load from a cd

--
There are two ways of constructing a software design; one way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. The first method is far more difficult.
-- C. A. R. Hoare