Re: alien errors

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 07:32:44AM -0500, k l u r t wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Theo Bierman wrote:
>
> > hi
> >
> > just installed alien to convert netscape.....rpm to netscape......deb.
> >
> > i get this error:
> > dpkg-deb: building package `netscape-communicator' in `../netscape-communicator_4.78-3_i386.deb'.
> > dpkg-deb: conffile `(contains no files)' does not appear in package
> > dh_builddeb: command returned error code
> > make: *** [binary-arch] Error 1
> > alien: Package build failed.
> >
> > Does anyone know what conffile it is refering to?
>
> save yourself the headache with converting rpms into debs, and just
> download the netscape installer off of netscape's ftp site.
> that's the tar.gz file... there is a very easy installer script in that
> package that you can use.
> and ofcourse, it will install into your /usr/local directory.

  Hi, I did that but I get more errors. It complains about a few libraries:

  ./netscape
./netscape: error in loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

  I have tried to find these libraries but I cannot come right.... I have however found older versions but I can't get apt-get to work with them....

> - k l u r t
> They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
> deserve neither liberty nor safety.  - Benjamin Franklin
>

> --
---end quoted text---

--
Theo Bierman