Re: Problems booting from hard drive.

Problem was solved yesterday with installation of GRUB as bootloader, so it remains only as something rare, but not critical. I will continue investigating a bit more.

Lilo output is normal, I think:
root@pepe:~# lilo
Added Linux *
root@pepe:~#
My lilo.conf reads (yes, it is a hand-made lilo.conf):
,-------------------.
| boot=/dev/hda     |
| root=/dev/hda1    |
| image=/vmlinuz    |
| 	read-only   |
| 	label=Linux |
`-------------------'

It can't be a 1024 problem, since the disk is only 524-cylinder long. My sistem is, rather, quite old, but I have another much more old (486 and so on) which doesn't give me a problem.

Linux is my only OS in this machine.

Thanks for your time.

El Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 04:26:02AM +0200, Shaul Karl escribió:

> What output did you get when you were running lilo?
> Perhaps you have an 1024 sector problem? Your system looks a bit old.
> Are there any other OSs that are installed?
> Can you post here /etc/lilo.conf?
>

> --
>
>     Shaul Karl
>     email: shaulka(at-no-spam)bezeqint.net
>            Please replace (at-no-spam) with an at - @ - character.
>            (at-no-spam) is meant for unsolicitate mail senders only.

Alberto Cabello Sánchez <alberto@unex.es>
924 289 351 - 924 298 352 - Servicio de Informática
Universidad de Extremadura - España - Spain
Debian Potato - GNU/Linux 2.2.19