Re: aspelling an grammer checking

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 06:13:51PM +0100, Eric Smith wrote:
| Two questions in one ( I know it ain't good practice).
|
| I was looking for a grammar checker in the unstable repository
| - is there anything that will check for obvious errors silly ;)

I don't know of one.

| While foraging I came across aspell and thought that might be a
| good replacement for ispell, so installed it but get this:
|
| Sorry, I can't read the file "/usr/lib/aspell/english".
|
| Then looked at the contents of the deb and saw this:
| There seem to be some files missing - what gives?

$ apt-cache search aspell english
aspell - A more intelligent replacement for the ispell spell checker
aspell-en - English dictionary for aspell

$ dpkg -S /usr/lib/aspell/english
libaspell4: /usr/lib/aspell/english

Interesting.  I don't have aspell-en installed, but the libaspell4
package does include an english dictionary.

-D

--

(E)ventually (M)alloc()s (A)ll (C)omputer (S)torage