Re: Antivirus for Sendmail

<quote who="Nick Furman">
> Hi there,
>
> 	Does anyone know of a decent product for Sendmail that will scan
> emails for viruses?  Is a virus scanner even a good idea to try an
> implement?  I haven't read much on them, but my employer has been
> bothering me about it for some time now.  Any products that anyone
> would suggest (that work with Debian, of course :)?  Thanks!
>
> Please CC me on the reply.

i use amavis(amavis.org) in combonation with Mcafee and
Sophos antivirus. been using it for over a year now and
it works quite well. it can be difficult to setup unless
your real famillar with perl and sendmail. it took me
several hours the first time. once its going though its
great. amavis is GPL the scanners of course are not :)
there are a couple free scanners available they are
not well supported as far as i know though. if your
interested ask on the amavis-user mailing list, im
sure people can help you(im on that list too). amavis
supports postfix/exim/qmail/sendmail. and it supports
about 8 different virus scanners currently.

nate