Re: USB in 2.2.19 kernel

<quote who="Arthur H. Edwards,1,505-853-6042,505-256-0834">
> I am trying to install USB support in the 2.2.19 kernel. I have a
> Belkin  busport USB PCI card.
> I have built the kernel with the usb-uhci module. When I try an
> insmod I  get the following error.

are you sure the uhci module is the right one to use?
usually errors like that on devices like usb controllers
indicate that driver is not compadible with the hardware
(on older ISA devices it can mean that IRQ options are
wrong but its pretty rare when using PCI devices like the USB
controller).

there is also the OHCI and the JE usb modules in 2.2.19.
that card may not even be supported at all. i see no
mention of it on linux-usb.org ..i would look at the chipset
on the card and run a search for it with linux on
your search engine of choice.

ive only used usb on VIA(Asus CUV4X), and Intel(IBM Thinkpad
600, Thinkpad T20).

nate