Re: [here is the output] apt-get/debconf "uninitialized variable" problem

Hi.,
  Here is the output when tried to install
something..Please dont mind the other unnecessary
contents.

thanks
srini
 --- Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote: > > >
"uninitialized value in
> > > /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Cache.pm" and same
> problem
> > > repeats with other "pm"s like "Template.pm" etc.
> >
> > There should be more detail in the error messages,
> including line
> > numbers. It would be very useful if you could copy
> and paste them
> > word-for-word.
> >
> > Interestingly, I can't find a Cache.pm in any
> version of debconf.
> > Perhaps Joey can make more sense of this, if he's
> reading.
>
> It's /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/DbDriver/Cache.pm, or
> hs has a very wacked
> system.
>
> It appears that he has a corrupted debconf database.
> Send me a tarball
> of /var/cache/debconf so I can do a post-mortem,
> then delete
> /var/cache/debconf/*.dat, and all whould be well.
>
> Have you experienced any system crashes, hangs, or
> disk failures
> recently, while in the middle of installing
> something or using debconf?
> This is probably fixed in unstable, but since nobody
> has ever found a
> way to reproduce the problem, it's hard to be sure.
>
> --
> see shy jo

=====
Thanks and have great day
srini

For Stock Quotes, Finance News, Insurance, Tax Planners, Mutual Funds...
                Visit http://in.finance.yahoo.com/