Re: lock-up when rebooting 2.5.1

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 03:44:49PM +0800, Paolo Alexis Falcone wrote:
> >Any clues hos to figure out why it's locking up?
>
> Err... you're using a beta kernel that has a high potential to
> smash your system?

I'd not even call it 'beta', despite what slashdot calls it.  The 2.5
series is alpha.  i.e. it is in active development and does not contain
a stable feature set or code base at all.  Running kernel 2.5.x is only
for people who are doing devel work within the kernel and are prepared
to debug problems that arise.

When you start seeing 2.6.0-pre* or 3.0-pre* kernels, then call them
beta.

noah