2.2.19-compact

When I downloaded kernel-image-2.2.19-compact it ran a script to produce a boot floppy. The floppy produced does not work - a disappointment since I had hoped to use it to recover from a disk crash on a second computer.

The script did alter lilo on this computer which now boots to 2.2.19-compact while displaying a very clever image of the penguin as the kernel loads.

I still need to restore the other computer. I used dd to write the bzImage of 2.2.19 which I compiled for this computer to a floppy. The resulting floppy will boot this computer but fails on the computer with a blank hard drive with a message that no console is available.

Any suggestions?

Tom George