Re: Compile problem for 2.4.26

> drivers/sound/sounddrivers.o(.data+0x274): undefined
> references to 'local symbols in discarded section
> .text.exit'
>
> make:*** [vmlinux] Error 1

I got this problem when compiling the kernel
2.4.17-rc1 as well as 2.4.16. I asked one time in the
list and got not-useful info yet. By the way I suspect
that the new version of binutils may be the cause of
the problem, actually the code in the kernel not
compatible, so I try to downgrade binutils to version
in potato and it works . But this is only temporary
solution, I hope that the kernel hacker will correct
the kernel code in order to use the new version of
binutils in woody

So at the moment you can go to potato download
binutils packages there and run a

dpkg -i --force-downgrade package_name.deb

But I repeat it is only temporary solution. May other
have a better solution as well, I dont know, perhaps a
patch to the kernel?

> What's going on?
>
> john

=====