Re: xterm trouble

Keith Willoughby wrote:

Peter De Wachter <pdewacht@vub.ac.be> writes:

The Home and End don't work in a bash prompt in xterm. Curiously enough,
these keys do work in vim. I'm using Woody and XFree86 4.1.0 with a
Belgian keyboard layout. Does anybody know what could cause this, or how
to fix it?

I have these magic incantations in .inputrc - I *think* they fix this
problem, although it's been months since did it.

"\e[7~": beginning-of-line
"\e[8~": end-of-line
"\e[H":  beginning-of-line
"\e[F":  end-of-line
"\e[1~": beginning-of-line
"\e[4~": end-of-line

Thanks. That was low on my priority list so I haven't fixed my yet. Fortunately ctrl-A and ctrl-E work meanwhile.

Paul Scott