Re: Apache doesn't start

On Sun, 16 Dec 2001, Dragón wrote:

>   Thank you very much Jor-el it looks like the kernel is the problem, isn't
> it?
>
>   Yours.
>
> --- Jor-el <jorel@trillian.megadodo.umb> wrote: > On Sun, 16 Dec 2001, Dragón
> wrote:
> >
> > >  --- Jor-el <jorel@trillian.megadodo.umb> wrote: > On Sun, 16 Dec 2001,
> > Dragón

> > Dragon,
> >
> > 	Well, it is quite obvious from what you sent that your incorrectly
> > setup localhost interface is the problem. The question that remains now is
> > where exactly is its failure? Do an 'ifconfig -a' and send the output.
> > Also, if you are using ipchains, send the output of 'ipchains -L -v' and
> > if using iptables, send the output of 'iptables -L -v' .
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jor-el

Dragon,

	No, the problem is with your localhost interface which isnt up.
Here is what my 'lo' interface looks like in the 'ifconfig' output :

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0

	Note the status which says that it is 'UP' and 'RUNNING' -
something which is not present in your output. I would suggest that you
simply run 'ifup lo' and look at whether the interface has come up using
'ifconfig' . If it has, then retry with Apache again.

Regards,
Jor-el