Re: Sync WinCE device with Evolution ?

As far as I know it cannot be done.  To sync with a WinCE device you
would have to be running ActiveSync.  I seriously doubt Microsoft has
any inclination to port it to Linux.

The other problem, which I found after doing some research.  There is no
way to import(directly) the outlook.pst file.  the PST format is
propriatery(spelling?)  Which is another reason there is not Sync for us
with WinCE devices.  To get your email into Evolution you have to go to
a windows machine and install Mozilla.  Mozilla mail(for Windows) has
the ability to convert the PST file to an mbox file or files.  I have
not checked wheather or not Mozilla for Linux can do the conversion.
Then you put the mbox files on your linux machine, and import the files
into Evolution.  This is just for your mail.  If you want your contacts,
you have to go into outlook, export your contacts to a DOS format, then
Ximian has a perl script to convert it to a format that Evolution can
handle.

So since Evolution does not use or handle the pst format.  There will be
no Syncing anytime soon.

Wayne