Re: Sync WinCE device with Evolution ?

On Sun, 2001-12-16 at 04:16, Wayne Sitton wrote:

> First of all let me tell you that Ximanim(or whatever) made Evolution so
> close to Outlook that it's like the microsoft problem.  It's buggy, it
> crashes alot...etc.

Oh come on.

> For one, I have never been able to import my microsoft .pst file.

Can't comment, never had one.

> Two, I also cannot import my Kmail, or linux Netscape mail files

No problem here. Did you check evolution mailing list, bugzilla, Ximian
support site?

> Three, Even though I check "remember my password", it never Does.

Known problem, fixed in 1.0.1 next week, workaround can be easily found
on bugzilla. Basically it should only affect users who have an old
evolution directory from the beta stage.
Exit evo, in a terminal "killev". Then "mkdir ~/evolution/private; chmod
600 ~/evolution/private". Start Evo, done.

> Four, I've had to re-set up my accounts 3 times because it crashed and
> does not remember the setup.

It seems you have a problem with your install. Which Evo do you use? Do
you mix Ximian and Debian debs or anything like that?

> So, in my opinion, the have made it so much like Microsoft, they have
> copied their problems.

I've been using it since around July as my regular mailer. Even my wife
did. I had maybe 10 crashes in tis time and none in the last 3 months.
They explicitly haven't copied MS's security probs, Outlook's broken
quoting, Outlooks troubles to thread mail. So in short, I don't know
what you#re talking about

> SO, I do not think it will sync with CE.  It can't even do what was
> promised!

It currently only syncs with Palm. However, the conduit architecture is
modular, so other modules can be written.

--

I did not vote for the Austrian government