Re: networkcard duplex problem

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 09:07:50PM +0100, Marc Segelken wrote:
| Sorry, my previous mail was sent by accident and was not finished!
|
| Dear All,
|
| Maybe someone could help me with a stupid network-card problem:
|
| A friend of mine has a Realtek 8139 ATX network card working fine up
| to now. Recent changes in their LAN now require to set the network
| card to half-duplex, which unfortunately is not detected
| automatically by the network card.
|
| How can I force it to half-duplex under linux? How can I force it to
| 10Mbit?

Why would you want to force it to half-duplex or 10Mbit if the other
side of the link can to full-duplex and/or 100Mbit?  That is the
purpose of the autonegotiation -- to pick the best mode supported by
both sides of the link.

-D

--

Q: What is the difference betwee open-source and commercial software?
A: If you have a problem with commercial software you can call a phone