Re: Help please, setting up lm-sensors

On Sat Dec 15 11:03:05 2001 David Z Maze wrote...

>Stan Brown <stanb@awod.com> writes:
>SB> I;ve got a new machine with a custom 2.4.16 kernel. I have managed to get
>SB> lm-sensors built, and the modules load. However sensor-detect does not give
>SB> me enough info to get the rest set up.
>
>SB> Next adapter: SMBus vt82c596 adapter at 5000 (Non-I2C SMBus adapter)
>SB> Do you want to scan it? (YES/no/selectively):
>SB> Can't open /dev/i2c0 (No such file or directory)
>
>This looks wrong (either /dev/i2c/0 or /dev/i2c-0 would be
>plausible).  Looking through the sensors-detect source, though (it's
>just a Perl script), it tries all three of i2c-0, i2c0, and i2c/0.
>
>What version of lm-sensors are you using?  Of i2c?

Im really not certain how to tell. Both are the version form the Debain
-source package for testing. Looking in the CHANGES file, the latest
version mentioned in both is 2.6.1

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.