Re: fetchmail questions

* Alec <alec1976nyc@yahoo.com> spake thus:
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to get fetchmail to dump messages from my yahoo account into,
> say "~/yahoo", instead of mixing it with the other mail in "/var/mail/alec".

Not that I know of, as fetchmail delivers the mail it fetches from your
yahoo account to your local MTA (mail transfer agent -- in your case,
probably Exim) for further delivery. Exim puts your mail in
/var/mail/alec for collection.

Enter procmail, a local MDA (mail delivery agent). If a ~/.procmailrc
file exists (and procmail is installed) exim pipes mail to procmail for
filtering according to the rules in the file. Making it filter mail
based on who they are sent to is trivial.

Check out the procmailrc procmailex and procmail manpagegs.

Stig

--
brautaset.org
Registered Linux User 107343