Re: GnomeICU, Gaim, Gabber and alike

* Charles Baker (rascharles@yahoo.com) wrote:
<SNIP>
> Did everybuddy get broken by the protocol change? The
> last update on their website was 01 July 2001, last
> version 0.2.1-beta6 . I'm not at my debian/sid box
> right now, but I think that's the version I've still
> got. Just checked the unstable packages and that
> version is cvs 20011001-1 .

Yeah; mine broke.  I'm using testing, btw, and my experiences were very
consistent with what's been described in this thread.  People would ask
for auth, and then I wouldn't see any messages from them.  They later
complained that I never replied to their messages =\

I'm happily using the MSN end of EveryBuddy to talk to those people,
which is kind of perverse, I suppose.  I'm hoping that this Mirabilis
idiocy is patched in our clients soon.  I've read somewhere that the
change was made at least partly to allow adverts in the 'doze client.
Maybe someone can verify/debunk that?

Cheers,
Mike Pfleger
pfleger@pfleger-precision.com